What is EDI?
Vantree supports all of them. Between suppliers and trading partners, the most
Industries using EDI
- Inventory Inquiry/Advice (846) gets uploaded daily
- Purchase Order (850) is received in Jerryl’s inbox
- Purchase Order Acknowledgment (855) sent to shipper and Tier 1 partner
- Automatic Shipment Notification (856) sent as well
- Invoice (810) sent to make sure Right Price Companies gets paid
There are thousands of approved business documents exchanged through EDI interchange daily. The most used documents include:
1. Invoices (810)
2. Purchase Orders (850)
3. and Ship Notice/Manifest (856)
4. And many more
Each of these documents has a basic
format but needs to be tailored to each
In order to transmit documents back and forth, companies need to establish a data
EDI messaging protocols are used to transfer data securely from computer-to-computer. These protocols are
used by the communication software/
application to describe the exchange
of data between companies.
Read more here.
There are many EDI document standards
used. For quality assurance, an organization
like the Accredited Standards Committee
X12 (ASCX12) founded in 1979, was chartered by the American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop
and maintain standards for EDI.
These standards were built to drive
businesses in various regions, and industries globally. We ensure all standards are being
met on your behalf.